Sunday, November 16, 2008

Yes, This Is Real

Actually, you know what?

I don't want to link to this.

Everyone's (least) favorite plumber Joe has launched a website. And I'd be laughing my way across the floor if it wasn't so scary and sad.

See, apparently "we are all Joe." Awesome. I'm a tax-evading self-promoting schmuck who, along with Sarah Palin, believes strong opinions and under-education (plus a solid need for celebrity) qualify me for public service and national power.

There was a lot of noise about that fact that Joe isn't Joe – he's Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher. I am in no position to rag on the man for going by his middle name (we even share first names), and have to say that that criticism is unfair. But if that's how you like to be called, then man up and stick to it; don't credit yourself as "Samuel J. Wurzelbacher" on your book "Fighting For The American Dream," just to make yourself sound like one of those educated media elites you hate so much.

Hmm. On second thought, don't title your book that, either.

Those of you hungerin' for more Joe, head on over to "secureourdream.com" (really). It's exactly what you'd expect it to be, wrapped up in some excellent circa-1997 HTML. I can't say I recommend it, and he shouldn't get the clicks, but some of us (myself included) are gluttons for punishment.

Anyone have a fifteen minute timer?

0 comments: