Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fortune & Glory

Well, it's time.

Several months of trailers and TV spots, subway poster plastering and internet reviews, and I haven't seen a one of 'em. The two screenings of Iron Man I saw both had the Indy trailer loud and large, but thanks to my thick fingers, all I heard was the muffled refrain of "The Raider's March" and saw not a thing. I've seen the title card flash by on my DVR once or twice, but that's not so bad.

I made it.

Today has been a hectic one – work has been wildly busy, the kind where a million little things keep popping up before you finish the old ones. Ugh. Plus, try coordinating 26 people all attending the same Indy screening tonight. It's a big list, and a bit of a logistical challenge.

But it's all worth it.

So I'm off, first to get the tickets printed, then off to a bar for a much-needed beer. Or two. Or... well, we'll see.

And then, well, you know the rest.

Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

See you on the other side...

1 comments:

Daniel Morfesis said...

so what did you think? i'm assuming you'll put up a post soon.

As you know, I saw it earlier this afternoon. I liked it, but wished I could have liked it more (i'll keep this spoiler free). Stylistically, it just didn't feel like part of the other films. For all of Spielberg's talk of employing the older techniques and feel, it was really cgi heavy; everything from stunts to sets. And Januz's photography (of which I'm a fan of in other films) felt too bright and run through too much DI.

Good stuff was Harrison Ford showed up and was more game than anything I've seen him in since The Fugitive. Shia was surprisingly good (though his big action sequence was hard to swallow). I also dug the new 50's setting and plot points taken from the era.

Anyway, lots to discuss_wanted to get my 2 cents in early.