Thursday, September 18, 2008

McCain ≠ Honest

Andrew Sullivan on John McCain:

For me, this surreal moment - like the entire surrealism of the past ten days - is not really about Sarah Palin or Barack Obama or pigs or fish or lipstick. It's about John McCain. The one thing I always thought I knew about him is that he is a decent and honest person...

So far, he has let us all down. My guess is he will continue to do so. And that decision, for my part, ends whatever respect I once had for him. On core moral issues, where this man knew what the right thing was, and had to pick between good and evil, he chose evil.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not alone. The John McCain of 2000 wouldn't be caught dead voting for this McCain-Palin ticket of 2008. I guess we know what happens to old mavericks now--they decide deceiving the electorate is an easier way to get elected. Sadly, he is probably right. The right wing base would never vote for the McCain of 2000, which is why he lost the nomination. But that right wing base loves George W. Bush, which is who John McCain is attempting to emulate. I just hope the voters can see that and that they really believe we don't need another 4 years of Bush policies.

Hutson Hayward said...

Misoverstood returns!

It's scary just how unscrupulous McC has become... bodes REALLY well for his possible presidency...