Saturday, March 22, 2008

Wild Things...

Why must the movies I get excited for have their release dates pushed?

Spike Jonze, director of Being John Malkovitch and a bunch of trippy music videos, has been making a live-action film adaptation of Maurice Sendak's "Where The Wild Things Are" for just over a year, but if this article speaks the truth, we won't be seeing it for almost two more years.

I don't know if the studio's (supposed) fears are justified or not; all I know is that the still accompanying the above article gets me more excited than most trailers do. If the FX live up to the promise of that single photograph, count me in.

A leaked clip circulated for a while; you can find it here. The performances are awful, and the suit doesn't look quite finished, but no worries, because Jonze said it was an FX demo, which makes sense. Either way, I love the feel of the clip, and look forward to more.

Some friends at work got to see the Pasadena screening CHUD mentions, and they were neither impressed, nor amused. Bummer. Here's to hoping that Jonze gets to make his movie, even if it means reshoots.

Because, dammit, I want to see it!

0 comments: