Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happy Day!

Best. News. EVER.

Peter Jackson is officially producing The Hobbit and an untitled sequel based on stories and information from The History of Middle-earth series.

My co-workers just got to see me freak out in a big way over this. Those of you who know me understand just how important Lord of the Rings is to me; the books are among the first my father read to me, and the films happened at the exact right time in my life.

So this is, to say the least, exciting.

Here's to hoping that PJ also decides to direct...

2010 can't come fast enough...

While we're on the topic; back in 2000, before any of us knew what we were in for, New Line released an Internet-only trailer for the entire Lord of the Rings series. It started as a making-of featurette, with Jackson and others talking about the process, some b-roll of the filmmakers at work, and then a bunch of (semi-)finished shots. All of it scored to X-Ray Dog's "Gothic Power."

I fooled my computer into downloading this trailer (as QuickTime had it set to not allow this), and must've watched it a hundred times.

And then my computer died. And it was lost.

So... does anyone out there know where I can find this thing? Did you save it too? is it hidden on a disc or a DVD somewhere?

Because I wants it, and they stoles it from me!

0 comments: