Monday, December 03, 2007

It's A Mystery

Tracy has told me about this before, but I came across an article today about the Racetrack Playa rocks. Short story is these very large rocks seem to slide around the playa, leaving long trails behind them... but no one has ever see seen them move, so no one knows how it happens.

Awesome. I want to go there.

And the good news is... it looks like I will!

When Tracy's parents come out for their (now) yearly LA trip, instead of heading down to Joshua Tree State Park, there's been talk of heading to Death Valley. Where Racetrack Playa is.

And I will make Tracy take us here. With my camera.

A similar place (in the opposite direction) that I want to check out: The Bonneville Salt Flats. Many of you may have seen them as "Davy Jones' Locker" in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End this past summer.

Tracy is right; geology is cool.

0 comments: