Thursday, December 06, 2007

High Wire

The following video is pretty damn incredible.



For me, the long take of him "walking" along the wires, with a second worker coming into frame behind him, is one of the most beautiful and mesmerizing images I've seen in a while.

Here's a gauntlet for someone: shoot an HD series on human beings doing their jobs. Not just exotic and weird stuff, but maybe things we don't usually see. Cooks in a kitchen, people making penicillin, the guys who run snow-blowers on ski slopes... this piece isn't quite as majestic as I would want it to be, but I sure as hell want to watch more.


[c/o Kottke.]

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Great video... what a nice contrast to the normal YouTube fare.

I agree with you... a series of videos of approximately this length following different people's jobs in a personal documentary style would be excellent. "Dirty Jobs" is a quarter of the way there, but it'd be nice to see something less sensational (dare I say classier?) that covers a similar area.