Thursday, October 18, 2007

Goddamn HTML

Pardon the brief rant, but sometimes HTML and Web Browsers piss me off.


CSS allows me to do so many beautiful things... modern browsing can really be a well-designed experience. Think of how many pages you visit that look quite nice.*


But then, you look at the browser's title bar to see the name, and you get only a literal character representation of the code.


Bullshit.


Follow the jump, and take a look at the title of this post in your broswer bar. The page renders it as "Goddamn HTML." And that's what you should see. But the browser renders— no, it displays the code as "<i><b>Goddamn HTML</b></i>." Wrong!


But there's nothing I know to fix. I'd noticed it on several sites in the past, and thought it was bad coding... but getting into myself, I just don't know what to do. One of these days, we'll get a next-gen browser that'll render full HTML and CSS in the title display; until then, get used to my little friends “ < ” and “ > ”.



[* Even this site looks pretty good. Although it'll look much better when I've redesigned it from scratch... someday...]

0 comments: