Monday, January 14, 2008

1960's: Do Not Use

In 11th grade, my AP US History class made a video documentary (almost two hours long!) about the 1960's. The song we used to introduce the Vietnam War?

Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth."

Says Neil Genzlinger, from the New York Times:

Its instantly recognizable two-note opening rings like an alarm bell for the viewer: “Warning: Regurgitation of a lot of stuff you already know ahead.”


Goddamn it, he's right. We were in high school, but what's your excuse, Mr. Brokaw?

1 comments:

Kate Cone said...

Hutson:

Hello from snowy Maine....about 8 inches of snow today in Harpswell. I've been thinking of you for years and my Sam told me you had a blog. I'm finishing up my MFA in Creative Writing/Fiction and have some great projects I see as film. I'd love your thoughts.

I miss your presence here. Where did those great times go?? Remember celebrating your 16th birthday at Fore Street?? Best time ever. Still remember those mussels.

love,

Kate Cone
kateconejd@yahoo.com