Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Carter Smith Makes A Movie

Carter Smith, the son of a (great) Bowdoinham Elementary School teacher, just had his new film The Ruins looked at on CHUD; his first feature film, Bugcrush, was shot in my high school, and it looks like he's doing very well.

Take a look at the IMDB page for The Ruins; that's Grant Major of The Lord of the Rings doing production design, Darius Khondji of Delicatessen, La cité des enfants perdus, and Se7en who's shooting it, and Dreamworks that's financing/distributing it. Plus, some guy named Ben Stiller is producing.

Congratulations, Carter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hutson!!!! Was just cruising through some sites about Carter and came across yours! What a surprise to see a reference to a teacher from Bowdoinham! Thanks for the great press. We're very excited for Carter. Brian and I spent three weeks in Australia while he was filming, so got to know cast and characters. We're headed for LA the end of the month for the premier. Come see me when you're next in Bowdoinham! Love, Luana Smith xoxox

Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is Shanna Doherty. I am a old friend of Carter. We went to Maine Summer Arts together when we were 18 years old. I have the coolest black and white photos of us hanging out in the graveyard there.I am so psyched for him. I always knew he would be famous. He once gave me a Christmas card and in he wrote "keep this card,it will be famous one day". He wasn't kidding. I would love to get in touch with him. If anyone knows how to reach him, please let me know. Have him email me. Thanks~Shanna
shasta444@hotmail.com