Monday, January 28, 2008

New Site Element

Some of you may have noticed a new feature here at the Wicked Good Blog— posts now bear my signature.

I started working on this before the holidays, filling a few pieces of paper with numerous signatures, and scanning them in at a ridiculously high resolution. It took a while to pick one I liked, and build the alpha channels, etc, but I'm pretty happy with it, overall.

One of the things I wanted to iron out, but couldn't, was having it be automatically added to all posts; unfortunately, he Blogger template doesn't have easy access to the "post" layout, and I can't find the correct placement point. When this blog gets updated and moved, hopefully not too long from now, I'll have a new template, with a host of things I've wanted for some time, and this signature a default part of the post.

Until then, I'm inserting an HTML link at the end of each entry. Perhaps the least-elegant solution, but it's doing what I want it to, so I guess that's something. In the end, I just want to take ownership of what I post, and I like the "analog" feel of signing my work.

hut_sig.png

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I will admit, it took me a few posts to stop smiling when I saw the signature... it feels very "FDR fireside chat". Given another two weeks I will probably see it as an old friend.