Thursday, February 14, 2008

Indiana Jones Is Back

The big news of today, is of course, the first teaser is out for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

And I have no idea what it's like.

Here's the deal: a while back, I started wondering if I really wanted to see the trailer. I'd seen a production still or three, and love the poster, but was that enough? Was it maybe more than enough? I love trailers as much as the next guy— more, probably. And I'm willing to bet this trailer is good and exciting.

But I think I want to go to the movie and not see a single shot coming.

I mean, it's a freakin' Indiana Jones movie! I know I want to see it, I know I'll be there on opening day, so what is the trailer going to do for me?

Show me stuff I don't know about, so I can be expecting it when I actually watch the film.

So, for the first (and perhaps only) time, I am avoiding all publicity for Indy IV from here on out. No more stills, no more news, no trailers, no nothin'. I have already downloaded the trailer in 1080p, for viewing after I see the movie, because I'll sure as hell want to check it out.

But as this is almost assuredly the last Indy film to be released during my adult life, I want to surprised. I don't want to expect anything.

I don't want to be spoiled.

Will is my accomplice on this mission, as is Josh R. for the time being. Anyone else is welcome to join us. We are not an exclusive club.

For those of you who have seen it, I congratulate you, and I am sure that I would agree that yes, it is awesome, but please understand why I won't be joining you to discuss it.

If any of you want to see it (or want to archive for future viewing, like me), you can find the trailer in QuickTime HD here.


hut_sig.png

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm in.

Unknown said...

That's the idea!

I love trailers too (obviously), especially for blockbusters like Indy, but I've always avoided all media for really big, highly anticipated films like this. It's extremely difficult for a huge movie like Indy IV, as it was for Episode I, and it includes a lot of standing around in movie theatre lobbies waiting for the previews to conclude- but it's worth it!