Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A Lazy Post

I'm not feeling my Muse today, or something, so in lieu of actually writing something, here's a nice assortment of links, videos, and pictures.


  • Coolest guitar design ever.

  • Ever wondered what a beehive looks like from the inside? Check this out— I love how the bees have a perfect sense of natural symmetry.

  • Click here for a neat photographic look at how LEGO bricks are made [c/o Daring Fireball].

  • Because everything is better in 30 seconds. I have to say, though, with regards to Pirates of the Caribbean 3, they got it wrong; it should be 25 seconds of people having meetings, followed by some battles. Ah well.

  • Looks like Sam's Italian Sandwich Shops have been disposing of extra foodstuffs in the laziest way possible. Didn't these guys see The Host?

  • Speaking of doughy blobs of mysterious origin...


    Yes, that is for real.

  • Uh oh, I posted a video. Now I've done it; the floodgates are open. Well, this is far funnier than it has any right being:


  • And this is for those of you wondering what I mean when I say "For frak's sake..."


  • This is just way too cool [c/o kottke].


  • Speaking of kottke, he put up a great post about using a hacked version of Super Mario World that demonstrates quantum mechanics and string theory. Watch that video in his post, and think about it. It could also apply to evolution and natural selection, come to think of it. If you are having trouble understanding what you see, here's the deal: when you see multiple Marios, those are the various attempts he made at surpassing that part of the level. When the surviving Mario pauses for a moment, the player saved the game, allowing more Marios to spawn from that point. Amazing graphic.

  • Remember Johnny Chung Lee? Well, turns out he has a web site, with more videos of his Wii hacks and proofs-of-concept. This guy never ceases to amaze me [c/o mouser].

  • Also from mouser, more proof as to just how awesome "Flight of the Conchords" is:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

After you showed Daniel and I that Mario video, I had to download the game to tackle the challenge. After thirty tries I had only managed to survive for a mere 10 seconds of gameplay. I haven't given up on my quest to beat it in under 100 attempts - but I'm realizing how big of a goal that is now.

On the topic of quantum mechanics, I think this video of a traffic officer narrowly escaping losing one of his "Marios" is especially poignant in the context of your Kaizo Mario clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgyZHYRGpTY