Friday, September 07, 2007

Already...

Sigh. Missed a day already. But at least I'm expressing regret and, instead of ignoring the problem, dealing with it. Half the battle. Or at least I hope so...

Yesterday's absence comes with a reason, however. I went with Josh R. to the new Best Buy in Sherman Oaks, to look at HDTVs.

Now Hutson, you say, Isn't Best Buy another corporate Big Box with crappy selections and high prices? Well yes, dear reader, it is. But it is also the only place you can really see big electronics in person, and with something like a TV, you'd better believe I am going to see it before buying. Besides, this Best Buy has (in a single week!) already developed a reputation as a big store with a wonderful selection, so it seemed a good place to go.

Long story short, I fell in love. Walked right in and saw the best HDTV I have seen yet, playing one of my favorite movies, Batman Begins. A sign from heaven, confirmed when it then switched to Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Samsung LN-T4665F!

This TV has, without a doubt, the best HD image I have seen in a consumer model. Amazing blacks, very crisp images, 1080p capable, amazing color fidelity. In fact, I haven't seen any flatscreen at all that compares. And seeing as I look at this stuff every day, I like to think I have an informed opinion.

This is the set to get. It's a great value, and a simply remarkable picture. I will be getting one soon... I promised Tracy it'd be this "winter," so as soon as we hit the equinox, I am there!

Amazon is offering a deal right now, and I can't recommend this TV enough. If you can, go see it, and prepare to be amazed.

0 comments: