Saturday, September 15, 2007

Farewell Hotdog

Tonight was John Harris' last night at HCE. He's leaving us for the far off shores of Japan, where he'll be teaching English.

Way to take advantage of your youth, Hotdog!*

If we're lucky, when he comes back to town in 3 or 4 months, he'll want to come back and work Post. If he's lucky, he'll end up married to a wealthy Japanese babe and be able to buy back all of the comics Will's selling on his behalf.

But either way, someone wins.

John is mulling over starting up a blog/photo group, so hopefully I'll be able to set up a link at some point. I know I'm hoping I can see what kind of mischief he gets into in the Far East.

Those of you familiar with my more awkward years know that I spent several weeks in Japan as a small-scale exchange student. I actually spent most of my time in a small town in the northern Aomori prefecture; we only flew in and out of Tokyo, where John will be based. So I'm fairly curious to see what that life is like.

We'll miss you, Hotdog, and we sure are jealous.



[* John got his nickname (Hotdog) when the Post Dept. decided everyone needed Battlestar Galactica tags. I can remember who everyone was (Will was Tigh, Josh was Apollo, Holland was Anders, I was Chief Tyrell, and so on), but Hotdog's was the only one that really stuck. Although anyone who wants to call me "Chief" without being condescending is more than welcome to.]

0 comments: