Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Yarr!

[UPDATED BELOW]

Yes, it is International-Talk-Like-A-Pirate Day, so in honor, I look like this:

piratehut.jpg

In other news, AT&T has still not finished the "Number Transfer" process, meaning I can make calls from my iPhone, but can't receive them— yet. This is annoying, so I am keeping my original phone on me, too, which can get calls. If you can't reach me, though, just shoot me an e-mail. My iPhone gets those, too.

Yesterday I purchased Red Sweater Software's MarsEdit 2, the blogging software I had been testing. I love it so far: it's a very simple piece of software, that does exactly what I need it to. It's quick and easy, and stays out of the way. I had a bit of a hitch getting Blogger photo uploads working, but that's because I hadn't yet set up Picassa (Google's Flickr), which Blogger needs for imbedded pics these days.

But what's really cool is this: In the purchase for, there's a comment box, in which I gave a short thanks, as well as feature request. Not five minutes later (seriously!), I had gotten an e-mail response from Daniel Jalkut, the designer/publisher of the software. He had read my comment, and responded to my ideas directly.

Awesome.

If he's that in tune with his customers, consider me loyal. And this is a guy who's software is being used by John Gruber, and being mentioned on his Daring Fireball blog, so I can imagine he gets some moderate traffic.

[UPDATE]
Sometimes all you have to do is bitch; I put up a blog post about not receiving calls on my iPhone due to slow Number Transfer by AT&T, and 30 minutes later I can receive calls. I love technology. Feel free to call me once again, everyone.

0 comments: