Thursday, September 27, 2007

MirrorSpace

Wow.

For the record, I do have a MySpace page.

And I hate MySpace.

It's no so much the idea behind the "social networking" site; really, my issues are with A) the stupid, stupid, stupid default look and customization options, and B) It's trendy and totally overrated. Pretty much every site looks (and functions!) like garbage. Yes, I appreciate an easy way to reconnect with old friends, post your pictures and have friends comment on them, and share yourself with the world. I understand those desires, dear reader, and even share them!

That's why I keep a blog.

I have a Flickr account where I post pictures (though I've maybe only posted one; I intend to get better about this soon) and a blog where I post updates & thoughts, in a much cleaner format, for anyone to read/comment. Best of all, you don't even have to get an account to read this, or respond.

But a lot of people, my friends, love MySpace. And I respect that. And so I have a page... with one photo, that links directly to this blog. Because my goal (however short of the mark I fall) is for this blog to be my digital representation on the internet. So I use MySpace as a redirect; anyone who finds it, will find me here.

That being said... there comes a time where everything's purpose is revealed. Today Adam left me a MySpace comment with a link to... I'll let the page speak to myself. [WARNING: mute your computer before clicking through!]

I can't put it any better than Adam...

Everyone, meet Tyler, The Bizzaro Hutson.

0 comments: