Monday, September 24, 2007

Unplugged

Sorry about the weekend absence, everyone. After a long couple of weeks of working weekends and long nights, I just needed to unplug myself from the Matrix and not sit in front of a computer for a while. And I pretty much did just that-- I barely checked my e-mail, and did pretty much zero websurfing, except for a quick IMDB check at one point.

Not too bad for the internet junkie, eh?

I do apologize for the lack of content, though. Had I been a smarter man, I would have planned ahead and had a few posts ready to go, so I could upload with a single click and keep you, my reading audience, happy.

Alas, though, for I am dumb.

As far as updates go... I did see Eastern Promises this weekend, and I was pretty impressed. I love seeing Cronenberg's style reigned in a bit... not nearly as wacky and out there as Existenz or Dead Ringers, but just as disturbing in a small, intimate and real-world way. Love it. Keep your eyes out for one of the most brutal and raw fights I've seen in a while... very evocative and intense, as it absolutely feels like a matter of life and death. Also, this film is notable for it's excellent makeup— Naomi Watts actually looks like a person, with skin imperfections, which really only serve to make her even more beautiful. And Viggo's fake tattoos must be seen to be believed...

Well worth the time and price of admission.

Looking forward, I do intend to resume my near-daily posts, so keep on my ass about it. As always, thanks for tuning in...

0 comments: