Sunday, September 30, 2007

Tardy Again

Sorry for the absense. No excuses this time. Why try and appease my guilt? Is there anything to gain in that?

Exactly.

Anyway, it's late and I have to go and get the laundry. Before I go, a few quick things for you.

Funniest Event of the Day: Tracy and I are reading in the living room as a siren wails past (not funny). As the siren fades, I hear some familiar sounding music, playing loudly, from the end of the block. It's a verse, which I am notoriously bad at knowing, so I focus on it to try and identify it. And I'm rewarded by the sudden mental image of someone (likely Russian, given my neighborhood) rocking hard to "The Final Countdown."

Awesome.

Ever wondered how best to explain our lovely planet (or at least our lovely species) to aliens from the planet Tralfamador? Here's your answer, worth a solid 7,000 words.

This is not only a great example of the very best kind of focused critical thinking, but one of many reasons I admire Errol Morris. Every student should read this for inspiration.

And lastly: When your logo isn't your logo. Ha ha ha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's another good one for you. Out my window at work I just heard a car drive by blasting "Iron Man".

Hutson Hayward said...

That's hilarious.

And it makes me want to watch the Iron Man trailer again...