Friday, September 14, 2007

Help

After conferring with both Jacob and Josh, it's looking more and more like my initial diagnosis was right: the hard drive on my venerable iMac G5 is dying. Luckily, I can get an easy (and cheap!) fix for that, and feel pretty comfortable doing the repair.

The question then becomes, what drive to use? I'm too tired to do the research right now, so instead I ask you, my beloved reader(s?): what brand hard drive do you recommend?

I am eyeing this model from OWC; I've bought several OWC drives over the years, and have been happy with the quality of the product. I can never remember what the general consensus on Maxtor drives is, though. They have a Western Digital for the same price; is that any better?

I'll start trolling the web tomorrow and see what I can find, but in the interim, any thoughts?

0 comments: