Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Nine Months In...

Hello All-

Here's a little experiment. We're here in the Month of September. I've had this blog rolling for, technically, 8 full months now, and I have something like 10 posts.

WEAK.

So here, in the (formerly 7th) 9th month of the year, I make a firm attempt.

I will post every day of September, from this point forward.

Aiding me, I have a new tool: MarsEdit.

Basically, it's a blogging application I can do all of my composing, tagging, and posting through. I'm fairly optimistic that, with this app, I'll be posting more frequently, and with a higher level of quality.

Was the Blogger Dashboard that complex or annoying? No, but the step of going through a web interface slowed me down. On the one hand, going through a browser portal isn't a dedicated act: I can quit Safari and lose work, or get distracted into other webpages. It doesn't feel as "official." On the other hand, the act of logging in and navigating to the "Compose" page takes several clicks and entries; with MarsEdit, I launch an app and go.

So, we'll see if the psychological game pays off. As I've stated before (in person, if not on this blog per se), I want this to be a true window into my life, a real tool for friends and family, as well as myself, to be able to use for communication/getting informed.

Stay on my ass. E-mail me. Post comments.

I need your help to do this.

;-)

1 comments:

Daniel Jalkut said...

If you don't post more on your blog, it will make MarsEdit cry.

Does that help?

:)